RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 10:12:51 -0800
Hi Robert and All!!!

> It just occurred to me that all the news reports of the lower
> cholesterol of people in France may be due to the amount of raw foods
> they eat instead of the wine they consume. I'm sure the wine industry
> is trying hard to promote wine as beneficial. It sure is hard to find
> truth these days.

>> I've been a RAFer for over 2 years now and haven't felt better since I
>> was a Teenager.  I've now been eating a lot of Raw Organ Meats and was
>> going to switch Primarily to them but Boy!!! are they Rich!!!  It's not
>> as easy to eat as much of them especially the Melts (Spleen) and
>> Kidneys, it's also depends on how I feel, whereas with Raw Meats it's
>> really easier but it's not nearly as potent.  The one exception is Raw
>> Heart, it's pretty easy to eat a lot of that, or maybe it's what I need
>> more of - Who Knows!!! :-) - I guess it's a Muscle Meat though as well
>> as an Organ Meat - Hey!!! 2 for the Price of 1!!! - Such A Deal!!! :-)

Personally I feel it can be both but from what I seen, Personally
Experienced, and the different Report and Studies it does really seem
like an Old-Fashioned Processed Organic Wine can be Very Healing in
and
seems to goes after Atherosclerosis by digesting the Fats and Plaques
that can be on the Arterial Walls.  It also seems to going in the
Liver
and digest the Harden Fats causing Cirrhosis of the Liver etc.  From
what I remember reading many years ago back in I think in about '91 or
so, I read that in Old-Fashioned Processed Organic Wine where they use
the actual Skins of the Grapes instead of just throwing them away and
letting the Natural Yeasts etc. getting into the Wine - so it's not
just
Fermented Grape Juice like Modern Wines - and the one thing that is
also
in the Skins of Grapes I think because it gets into the Wine - I
talking
about Dark Red Grapes and Wines - is Gastric Alcohol Dehydranase.
What
it is is an Enzyme that does is basically what it sounds like and that
is digest Alcohol in the Stomach before it hits the Bloodstream.  All
can tell you is that when I drink this Wine it feels really different
than other Wines: I can still get Buzzed but it's a Lucid Buzz with
Absolutely NO Headaches or Hangovers!!!  I remembered the first time I
served it for a Christmas Party, I think about 4 years ago, and I got
so
many calls the next day about how great they felt they wanted to know
what kind of Wine it was again and where could they get it - It come
from a Small Local Winery that my Friend made a Deal with that grew
the
Grapes on part of the Vineyards the way he wanted to be Organic and to
follow the Old-Fashioned Way of Wine Making, so we only get so much a
year.

Boy! there is so much I can say about Organic Wine made the
Old-Fashioned Way but that could be on another Post about Wine if
anyone
really wants to know - Just let me know!!!

Also, another reason for the "lower cholesterol of people in France" -
which I think is not just that but that there is actually less Heart
Disease and Atherosclerosis even though in cases the Cholesterol Level
is not Lower but in fact Higher; at least I know that for sure in some
of the Italian Research I heard about about 5 years ago or so now - is
that they use a lot of Olive Oil.  Now I don't know how much they use
compared to the Italians but when I was looking at some Research in
Italy they could not believe that some of these people who were even
obese and had High Cholesterol had Absolutely NO Sign of Heart Disease
and Atherosclerosis - I mean like None!!!  I remember saying to
myself:
"I bet when they look at their Diet they find they have a lot of Wine
and Olive Oil everyday.  And not just any Wine or Olive Oil but Local
Organic Wine made the Old-Fashioned Way and Local Olive Oil made the
Old-Fashioned Way and from Fresh Organic Black Ripe Olives instead of
Green Unripe ones that most Companies use.  Black Ripe Olives made a
nice Golden Yellow/Amber Oil that has a taste that is Yummy and Smooth
unlike the Acrid Green Oil that Green Unripe ones make that just Taste
Bitter and Off a lot.  I learned that they do this because if they let
all the Olives Ripen properly they'd lose about 1/2 the Crop just
falling to the Ground, so what they so is add a certain about of the
Ripe to the Green so it doesn't taste so bad - Gee!!! How nice of
them!!! :-)  Just think about it: Most of the People who are using
Olive
Oil are having the Oil of Unripened Fruit - Bleeck!!! :-{ - And I'm
sure
we all know how "Good" Unripened Fruit Oil is for us - Yeah Right!!! -
NOT!!!

Well I think I went into that well enough for all of us for now.  I
remember that I did a Post to Paleolithic Eating Support List about a
year and a 1/2 ago that explained all of this really well plus a
little
more:

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9804&L=paleofood&O=D&P=9440

   Subject: Re: wine's benefits
      Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:26:17 -0800

In addition to what I mentioned it also covered how this type of Wine
can
actually Reverse, and one might be able to say "Cure", Alcoholism; and
also how "Italian Women who drank lots of Wine during their Pregnancy
had Healthier Babies than the Women who didn't." and "Also something
Very Interesting to note:  There were no Cases of AFS - Alcohol Fetal
Syndrome - as there seems to be with Women who have a lot of Alcohol -
Distilled Alcohol that is - during Pregnancy.  As I said before Wine
is
a Food and not Alcohol like Distilled Alcohol is - Capiche!!"

Anyway, I think that has given us some Food for Thought - or should I
say Drink :-)!!!

I guess I'm going to have to rename this Subject Header to have it
more
accurately reflect what this Post is all about.

I hope you all enjoyed it and I would reply like to get some good
Feedback and Replies about this and my PaleoFood Post because I'd like
to see some other Research in regards to this either way and what
experiences People have had who like me have been eating Natural Beef
Raw Meat & Organs, Organic Wine & Olive Oil made the Old-Fashioned Way
-
Of course!!! :-)

 - Take Care!!

 - To Life, Love, Health, And Freedom!!!