RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:10:40 +1000
Hi, everyone,

I think that on a list such as this, it is inevitable that some of the
information posted will be eye-opening, hair-raising or even somewhat
offensive to some of the list members. However, we are here to learn, and
so we need to keep an open mind on all matters relating to diet and health.

Speaking for myself, I have certainly been surprised by some of the things
I have read here, but I welcome such information, because it lets me see
what is possible, rather than just adhering to my preconceived ideas about
life. Much of our behaviour has been conditioned by the society in which we
live, and many people are now realising that 'civilisation' has not always
resulted in real 'progress'. I must say that I always find it refreshing to
read about 'unconventional' ways of doing things. It keeps my imagination
awake, and I constantly re-evaluate my own attitudes and behaviours. It is
up to the individual to sift the information that has been presented and
decide how best to apply it in his or her own life, or whether to apply it
at all. Sometimes, it just takes a while before one feels ready to try
something a bit different.

As long as the postings are not deliberately intended to offend (and I
think that this is generally quite clear from the tone in which they are
written), I am very happy to read them, and I really appreciate the
openness with which many list members share their experiences.

So, keep up your very educational posts, Stefan, Jean-Louis and all the
others!

Regards,
Barbara