RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:02:42 -0700
Liza,

>> Bastyr is not the only legitimate naturopathic college around.
>
>Well, I'm curious, which others do you think are worthwhile? And >why?

I'm not really qualified to address which ones are worthwhile, but I
think
the one in Portland (National College of Naturopathic Medicine, I
believe)
is considered pretty much on a par with Bastyr.  I think that Arizona
and
New England also now have naturopathic schools with programs similar
Bastyr's.  What I meant by "legitimate" is that they aren't diploma
mills,
but real schools with real teachers and students who attend on campus
for
four to five years to get a degree which qualifies them to be licensed
in 13
states (last I heard--there may be more states now).   Folks who got
an N.D.
"degree" from a diploma mill can't be licensed anywhere, as far as I
know.

Mark