RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 12:42:11 -0400
Carol:
> Does anyone know what ever became of Hovannessian?  (If the answer to
> that question can be found in the archives, I apologize, but I've
> tried to check and can't get through.)

There does seem to be a notable lack of information available
on this subject. Searching through some of my old mail
archives, I found the a small tidbit from Michele Deradune
back in November of 1997, which is available at in jr's raw
archives (which are somewhat hard to navigate, due to lack
of search capabilities):

http://mcmuse.mc.maricopa.edu/pub/raw/digest/v00.n430

Michele indicates that A.T. wrote other volumes besides
the "Raw-Eating", and that he created some small raw food
movements in Russia, Armenia, and Iran.

There were also a couple of posts in the raw-food archives
concerning A.T., the thread also started by Michele:

http://MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9609&L=raw-food&P=R5743
http://MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9609&L=raw-food&P=R5795

You can also find Stephen's response to Peter's raw-food
post where the revelations of plagiarism were exposed
and cross-posted to jr's list (NFL had been ask to leave
raw-food about a year before) at:

http://mcmuse.mc.maricopa.edu/pub/raw/digest/v00.n570

I'll include a small snipet of that just for convenience:

Stephen Arlin:
>A.T. Hovanessian is the deceased great uncle of Nature's First Law
>authors >Fouad Dini & David Wolfe.  The book "Nature's First Law: The
>Raw-Food Diet" is dedicated to A.T. Hovanessian.  We duly acknowledged
>his memory at the >beginning of our book: "without his vast knowledge
>and inspiration, this work would not have been possible" (see page vii
>of Nature's First Law: The Raw-Food Diet).
>
>Some of the ideas in our book came from his writings.  So what?  He
>dedicated the last part of his life to exposing raw eating to the world.
>Guess what?  No one listened to him and the world is now more cooked than
>ever.  Now, he is dead.  We are continuing his cause by doing what no one
>has ever done before...bringing raw-foodism to the world.  We are doing
>this through a massive bombardment of every media outlet possible, the book
>is a very small part of what we do every day.  If we have to step on the
>toes or egos of some people, so be it.

Perhaps NFL can "write" a biography of A.T. Hovanessian, and sell it
from
their website ?

Seriously, it would be somewhat intriguing to find out more about
his fate, and whether any other surviving family members are
aware/care
about what has transpired with his works.

Regards,

David

P.S.: I'm wondering if Ann Wigmore is turning in her grave now that
NFL is hawking some of her older "out of print" books.