RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 03:47:11 -0600
Ward, thanks for your thorough and very skillfully crafted presentation
which I think you pulled off so well because your passion for the subject
came through so clearly. I expect your essay will be an often used
reference manual on the topic in the future - in fact I have already sent
it to off to a couple of friends of mine who are having doubts about the
validity of the evolutionary paradigm. What surprised me the most was to
learn that many Christians have embraced the theory/fact of evolution, and
I found the clarifications of what constitutes a fact and what a theory
very enlightening as well. Also, I did not have a clue that so many
transitional forms have been found.

Kirt:
>I am usually bored by the debate--at least as it is played out in the
>letters to the editor--but your summary and detail of the subject was
>riviting.

First Stefan, now you. ;-) I think that "bored" is a poor choice of words
as it might be construed as an expression of arrogance and elitism. I would
be surprised if not a great number of subscribers of this list believe that
evolution is an insufficient explanation for the creation & development of
life on this planet, and I hope that they despite Ward's impressive
documentation will take this opportunity to express their sentiments.

Tom:
>Thanks, Ward, for another superb set of posts. I would mention to list
>members that the posts are fairly long, but they are well worth  the
>time required to read them - their information content is very high.

And I might add that the talk.origins web site at
<http://www.talkorigins.org>
that Ward recommends is very user friendly.

>This latest set of posts by Ward, also provides information that confirms
>just how narrow and dishonest, the views of the dietary extremists are.

Misinformed yes, but not all diet extremists are narrow-minded and
dishonest. It will be interesting to see how those on the list with
creationist leanings will react to Ward's latest and very convincing
defense of evolution.

Best, Peter