RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 00:14:51 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Kirt,
Hey, yer still cool even though hachiyas win out.  You hit the nail on
the head.  I like the firmness of the fuyu persimmons. When they get
soft,the sweetness is too much for me. I came back to Bosotn from Japan
and bought those "look-beautiful-but-better-wait-till-I'm soft"
persimmons.  I was thinking fufy, so took a huge bite out of it when it
was still firm.  Man oh man-that is an expereince that words cannot
explain.  Only first-hand experience can truly understand.  the fruit guy
told me that you can freeze hachiyas when they are hard and then eat them
when they are thawed out.  In Japan they do that a lot towards the end of
the season (Persimmons seem to finish at the end of the year in japan).

That burn is a burning stomach sensation.  I used to get it when I rowed
crew for a year during college.  it doesn't happen all of the time. I
guess that I'll try water.  I am contioned to think that I NEED food upon
waking.

The maple syrup thing isn't going to be a habit for me, I hope.  I
thought that if I need something sweet, this satisifies me and isn't
really terrible.

Oh, I found cherimoyas today ON SALE!  It's always exciting to find new
fruit/veggie item!

Hope all is well.
Meredith