RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:49:28 -0600
>Further, wild animals do not have perfect health.

Kirt,

The above is a statement that has bothered me from time to time, mostly
because it's true.  It just goes to prove that while good diet is great,
good diet isn't _everything_.  For a long time, I labored under the delusion
that if we all ate natural raw, that we'd never have disease.  I guess in
the wild it's obvious that it's not always the case.

>In some cases, yes. But my understanding is that there are lots of folks
>selling lost of herbs for lots of money.

No doubt.  Go into any GNC store, and you will see hundreds, even thousands
of dollars of herbal supplements, mostly commercially produced, that are
probably the same value as their plastic packaging.  While most herbal
practicioners have admitted to me that the greatest benefit is found in the
whole, fresh herb, these places CHURN out processed, denatured, diluted, and
overpriced verisons of these herbs.  Too bad, eh?

Regards,

Ben