RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:51:37 -0800
I received the following from Elysa Markowitz, regarding the recent mini-
review of her raw recipe book. As she explicitly authorizes release of the
material, I am forwarding it to all 3 lists on which the mini-reviews were
posted.

P.S. I edited out some material not connected with the book review.

Tom Billings
=================
Hello Tom Billings,  Thank you for the book review of my latest book: Living
with Green Power: A Gourmet Collection of Living Food Recipes.  A note to
mention to your listeners/ audience, this book breaks important ground, the
visual censorship that has been imposed on this cuisine.  Ann Wigmore,
Elizabeth Baker, and other well known authors have not ever shown what their
lovely tasting food looks like.  Now for the first time, readers, food makers,
can see a possible presentation of this cuisine. The visual is back in living
color.  Also, I do state clearly in the introduction that all of these recipes
can be made with a regular juicer, blender, and food processor - so these are
for any chef who wants to NOT cook, and choses to juice or texturize food in a
raw or living state.   As a news update, I am currently working on another
book, Warming Up To Living Foods - which will dispell the myth that raw means
cold.  It is scheduled for publication this summer with folks from Tennessee -
The Book Publishing Co.  I am excited to say, that this book will also have
color photographs, making it another collectors item.  Thank you for your good
work.

...snipped...

Keep up the work you do so well.  Thanks again.  Elysa Markowitz
  P.S.  I can be reached at: [log in to unmask]