RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 21:02:17 +1300
Hi from New Zealand. I'm new to the list (100% raw for seven years) and am
very happy to have found such a list. Public thanks to Micheal (It is
Micheal, isn't it?) for running such a list.

Anyway, a comment and a question.

Comment: Arguments about what animals do in nature may fall short as
reasoning about whether raw fooders need to brush. Most of us were eating
denatured food during childhood and our teeth are formed from the "wrong
stuff" which we were eating then, esp. pausturized dairy. As much as we
would like to believe the new wife's tale that "every seven years we are
completely remade from new moleules" it is very likely that harder tissues
such as bones and teeth are not completely replaced, or even that much
altered. Indeed, the problems which some raw fooders report with their
teeth may be due to their body trying to detox them the way we might detox
a dental filling. Or simply that they are as weak as they were when they
were formed during childhood. All speculation, of course, but the only hope
I've ever seen was in either Pottinger's or Price's writing: I remember
that they did notice some re dentrification of dental carries upon animals
resuming a raw diet.

Question: My wife and I regularily eat seafoods (esp. shellfish and roes)
and sometimes eat land animal foods (esp. meat and marrow). Seeing as the
name of this list is veg-raw, I assume that discussions are limited to a
raw vegetarian diet. Yet in looking at the archives I see discussions of
meat-eating and other instincto topics. Is this OK or is it frowned on? I
can easily avoid reference to non-vegetaian subjects if that is proper (but
would appreciate private e-mail from any other intinctos on this list).
Enquiring minds want to know: veg-raw netiquette.

Cheers,
Kirt <[log in to unmask]>