RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Eric (Ric) Lambart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 20:52:52 -0800 (PST)
snipped all above....

David Carmos was Paul Bragg's sidekick for many years.  He's a yoga expert
and advocates the raw law, but, from my experience, although very high in
his percentage intake, he rarely went 100% for any length of time.  Neat
guy, and was about finished with a big book when he left the states many
moons ago for south America.  Doubt he's got a computer in the prison, but
have heard from reliable sources that he's treating everyone inside the
prison for whatever their ailments might be...and also quite a few
"outsiders", too.  Apparently he's even taking care of the top prison
officials.  It will undoubtably be a great lecture tour when he gets out.

Seems the American officials want him in there...sort of a sacrificial lamb
to the mirage of going tough on drug enforcement.  He's a convenient
scapegoat.  One of the local offices for Human Rights abuses has been
investigating his case for over a year, I believe...and it was they that
had the "evidence" tested.  With enough mordida he would be out in a flash.

C.J. almost died up in L.A. some years ago.  In his twenties and a
motorcross professional, he was in tip top physical shape...but on the
typical SAD diet.  He was out jogging with a buddy one afternoon and
suddenly collapsed.  Fortunately the paramedics arrived almost immediately,
but his heart had actually quit.  He had a near death experience (he
chooses to call it a near life experience), which radically reshaped his
outlook on everything.  He got his act together, studied nutrition, became
an Essene minister, quit the motorcross racing and went back to modeling
and acting...and eating mostly all raw.  He even wrote his beliefs up in a
book, mentioned earlier, "The Christ Diet."  I suggested a different title
might be better, since many potential buyers who might be areligious,
jewish, etc. might be inhibited about making the purchase.  I think, sadly,
my thoughts (years in the marketing rackets) were probably correct, since
the book didn't do too well.  Of course his self publishing was another
handicap, since he didn't have any sort of existing followers to grab up
the first edition.

He was very, very close to his Mother, and when she was killed three or
four years ago by a drunk driver, he crashed.  Has never apparently
recovered, leaving the area for L.A. and the old lifestyle.  He also
dropped out of the Essene Church, after having a bad scene with the titular
head of same, Archbishop Gary White, MD (nice guy); Gary being the fellow
who took the Church over from its founder, J. Boreaux Szekeley (who's been
mentioned on this list, I believe, regarding the Essenes and raw
food...both), when the latter died.  Both White and Hunt are neat people
and it's a darned shame they had the falling out.

>And hey, Ric, since you seem to know everyone who's anyone whose raw these
>folks, do you know what Harvey Diamond is up to recently?

Methinks you hyperbolate a tad, Kirt, but am sad to report that haven't
even talked to my old friend Harvey since the traumatic divorce.  Have
heard thru other mutual friends that he's trying to do something with his
"Fit For Life" business enterprise...but don't even know exactly what.  I
think he took the break up pretty hard.  He's a terrific guy.  Witness the
fact that when he suddenly went from obscurity and poverty to great riches
(with the success of the Fit for Life bonanza) and international fame, he
didn't change in the slightest...same warm friendly fellow who was just the
same with his old friends as before the wealth.  In fact, if one didn't
know of the big financial and fame change, you'd never guess it even
happened just being around him.

I'm glad he buried the hatchet with his speech mentor and early motivator,
Tony Robbins, though.  That was a good move.  Tony taught him how to
present himself in front of large audiences.  It was miraculous...the change.

No more to add from this site...maybe somebody else on the list knows more
current info.

Sorry,

Ric