RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 00:28:20 -0800
Nieft / Secola wrote:

> And I am still blocked for raw liver, which I never could stand cooked as a
> kid--don't think I ever ate a single mouthful. And I am blocked for raw
> eggs, which I ate LOTS of cooked as a kid--but in a strange concoction my
> mother made up o get me to eat eggs--scrambled eggs with cornflakes mixed
> in--since I could not stand an "eggy" taste. Runny egg yolks were the
> unltimate in yuck for me as a kid. Again I don't think I ate a single
> mouthful of runny egg yolk. Now, I can eat raw liver and raw eggs, but
> without much pleasure--certainly not with the lumonousity many other
> instinctos report. So being blocked for eggs makes sense but why for liver?
> I have been trying to get into liver for 9 years in it just won't taste
> great?!?

I can't resist a response to this. I was forced to eat liver as a child
and hated it. Not long ago I had my anger (in self-help therapy measures)
at my Aunt who forced me to eat that liver. Now I enjoy raw liver when my
body needs it. According to my toxic mind theory,(still unpublished so I
can't explain it more on the Net) if emotions are pent up, toxic
neurochemicals clog up neurons in the limbic regions of the brain and
these neurons atrophy. The neurons in these same regions also affect
taste and smell. Maybe some detoxing of emotions would restore those
neurons and your interest in liver and eggs.

My best, Ellie