RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 03:46:30 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  I wold like to know what to do about cravings.  The only ones I get are
>  for bread or grain products,

..yea those pesky grains cause a serotonin rush,,makes us feel
good...and addicted....
..try raw corn on the cob....the starch will probably satisfy what
you're after....
...it tastes really good...and the natural sugars are nowhere near as
damaging to the body as cooked corn products, like corn syrup (which
is in
everything), corn cereals and corn oils......apparantly cooking corn
has a
particulary nasty effect on the sugars and those in turn cause us
problems,
especially if you're hypoglycemic like myself....uncooked corn sugars
don't
cause the same spike in blood sugar.....and it's one of the few grains
that
can be eaten raw without any problem.
........just make sure it's very well cleaned before eating, since you
won't
be able to kill any bacteria by cooking....but if it's completely
sealed in
its leaves when you buy it,,and fresh, you shouldn't have any
problems...don't trust corn with the leaves removed, it's been exposed
who
knows what....

happy eating,
anna 8-)