RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Rothstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 14:56:09 -0400
At 09:13 PM 10/3/97 -0700, Mary Jackson wrote:
...  All this dietary refinement sure helps in getting done what
>you want to get done.  I have this daughter who is diabetic--I've never
>believed that it's incurable.  I think raw food and daily walking could
>be a good thing to try.  I've been reading the LC list, but don't
>exactly enjoy the recipes.  They went on and on about pork rinds for
>awhile.  Mary Jackson

Mary, you might try looking in a few raw food preparation books. Three are
Vegetarian Ecstacy, Vegetarian Delight, and Dining in the raw. The only
downside is the amount of time you're going to spend in food preparation.
Anyway, those books will give you some good ideas. Take what works and leave
the rest.

 BTW, I know of two diabetics, one with type 1 another with type two who are
controlling the disease effectively with diet and exercise. My type 1 friend
still has to take insulin injections, but the type 2 person is off all
medications and she is managing very well.

Mark (on a vegan diet for 7+ years)

Mark ([log in to unmask])
                        -- Life is Good --