RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 18:42:43 -0800
Nieft / Secola wrote:
> > 1) For some time, although I didn't want to admit it, there was a sort of
> >pride of being able to eat 100% raw, "pure", not having cravings, etc.

At this stage in my journey through pride, I got rid of my stove, so my
disinclination to try cooked veggies again has a practical side. I do
enjoy not having the cravings I used to get from cooked food and don't
feel particualy obsessive about doing it %100 raw. I identify with the
cabbage story and not finding raw veggies attractive in large amounts. My
big question for all is how do you know that you need more of these
veggies? How do I know whether I am getting enough viatmins, minerals,
etc? I find my head says I need more vitamins, etc. and I take some
Mighty Greens, which contains maltose and other no no's for Instintos. Is
it possible that a  bite of cabbage or kale is all the "supplement"
needed.

On the otherhand, I find I am probably not gettin enough variety of
nutrients in food. Thanks, Don, for the info on sciatica. I have
degenerated spinal discs. I decided to try the glycosamine/chondroitin
sufate with what look like good results. In the book The Arthritis Cure,
but Jason Theodosakis, M.D. there are ample double blind studies that
show it works for rebuilding cartilage. That people who take it have
increased pain for a while before they get relief (I did) sounds to me
like a clear indication it is an example of a good nutrient helping to
flush out bad tissue. It is clearly not a drug effect and can be stopped
when the pain goes away. I'm very impressed, and it tells me my diet is
far from complete or I might have had some recovery from sciatica
earlier.

My best, Ellie