RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 22:32:48 -0700
>Why does whether it is
>firm or loose indicate how much is digested. Sheila, can you help? I know
>that >when I stopped eating raw juicy
>fruit in the evening after protein, and was taking cassia, that I believe
>my digestion improved, and for a period of about a month I put out huge
>quantities of old stuff, fairly loose. Now I eat less and put out less
>and my weight had stayed the same for a long period. I will sure watch
>for loose or firm on days when I eat more fruit.

Sheila:
I can only share my experience. Recovering from eating disorders has skewed
my intestines and I'm recovering from that and watching how the intestines
will restore itself.
I went through a phase of hard stool and I tried to correlate it and I eat
a lot of fruit consistently. I increased my fluids. It comes and goes,
mostly gone.
I notice that when I take large amounts of flora ie acidophilus with
enzymes that I have a softer stool, more consistent elimination.
I find that when I eat more fruits and veges and not too much else I don't
have alot of elimination and for the most part I have incomplete
elimination anyway. My intestines aren't strong enough to eliminate
efficiently or completely.
If you are using cassia it is a potent laxative and I have developed
cardiac insufficiency from using the plant (many years and too much). The
fruit is the same based on descriptions of earlier posts. It certainly
cleaned me out for many years. I think digestion is better when there is
less in the digestive tract ie better elimination or the use of cassia to
clear the tract.
Feedback welcome.

Kind Regards,
Sheila Shea