RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 07 May 1997 16:55:42 -0700
> Ellie,
>
> > Thank you. I am currently publishing a paper in a psych journal that has
> > to do with toxicosis in the brain--very little to do with nutrition--but
> > with toxicosis as a result of the suppression of emotions.
> Karl
> Can you post this article here, too? Or can you tell me
> in which magazine, and when, it is published?
>
>I'm not allowed to publish the findings until it's published in a journal and then I don't know if copyright law will allow me to put it on
the Net, but I hope to do a shorter version in layperson's terms to put
on the Net and elsewhere. It is the biological basis for the work of
Alice Miller (and others, e. g. Janov.) who recognize that the
suppression of emotions is the basis for mental illness and violence. My
paper is very techinical and about biochemistry. For practical purposes
reading Alice Miller or Kirt's work, is a better idea. But I believe the
suppression of emotions affects our ability to eat instinctively. My
paper also explains the biology behind addictions, which of course also
bears on our eating habits. It explains why stimulants are addicting,
which would apply to mutant sugars, etc and Mallaird's molecules. Your
comment, Pat, about yelling 'fire' at first confused me. I have passed my
paper around in the psychiatric world and it has been rejected by several
medical journals. I now think I know what you mean. Psychiatrists
generally don't want to hear about non-drug solutions, not that drugs are
evil if used temporarily when needed. They are all ignoring me, running
away from the 'fire' of the truth?

My best. Ellie