RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Stankiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:26:31 -0400
>Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 18:53:04
>To: Raw Food Diet Support List <[log in to unmask]>
>From: John Stankiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: amino acids
>
>>that with my post.  I do think consuming some flesh foods is healthy,
>>but more for the increased iron uptake, as iron is very prevalent
>>amongst those with vegan diets, and iron uptake is significantly greater
>>when in heme (as from flesh food) vs non heme (vegetarian )form.

Now I don't know if this is actually true,  but I have been lead to believe
that heme sources of iron are constipating (as they line the walls of the
intestine and are postively charged and thus als o prevent absorption of
nutrients, somewhat, how much I don't know).  I have verified the truth of
this somewhat, by giving my clients a form of iron from plant sources (Iron
with Vitamins, from Enrich) and they have found it to be non-constipating,
compared to other supplements and/or eating meat.

I myself have experimented in my own body (and doing so now) and am finding
that eating meat actually constipates me.  I'm actually having this problem
right now.  I don't really have a problem with meat, as this is a meat body,
and to a certain extent it can handle meat products.  In other instances
(fungus and yeast based infections) the body will actually respond much
better (because it is not getting fermentative type foods) on a pure meat
diet (ie. no other foods, no starches, etc., even three times a day).
John Stankiewicz, Nutritionist. Obscure health related info:
http://www.micronauts.com