RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 09:22:34 -0700
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>:
>this issue, I would probably say that people who forego animal products tend
>to act worse the longer they stay on the diet, that fruitarians seem to be the
>most rabidly agressive of all, and that rational thinking and behavior appear
>to have a direct negative correlation with the restriction of the varieties of
>foods included in one's diet.  Have you noticed anything similar?

Tom:
Personally, I have noticed that the more restricted/narrow a person's diet
is, in general (with only few exceptions):

* mental balance often decreases as the diet narrows, and many with narrow
diets, are obviously mentally unbalanced

* hostility, aggression, and self-righteous increase as the diet gets more
restricted/narrow,

* arrogance and self-centeredness also appear to increase as one's diet gets
"purer".

We have as examples of the above situation, the wacko plagiarists/crank science
fanatics who are well-known in the raw world. Their rabid followers are also
examples. Fortunately, there are many nice, decent rawists around, to
serve as counter-examples of the "raw is law" crowd.

My remarks above are from experience (some of it painful) in the raw vegan
world. Those with experience in the RAF world may have similar, or different
experiences.

Tom Billings