RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Maynard S. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:59:30 -0400
Jeffrey Novick, MS, RD, Senior Nutritionist at the Pritikin Clinic
in Florida, himself a raw foods vegan, informed me this morning
that there are some studies of clinical blood values on vegans
following natural hygiene diets, and that deficiencies have been
reported for unsupplemented vegans, both on Natural Hygiene diets
AND on the "Hallelujah Diet".

Have listmembers found any systematic data -- not opinions --
in this area?

This would imply that, apart from the worldview predispositions
towards following hygienic-style diets, the experiences of the
followers of unsupplemented "Hallelujah Diet" diets and the
natural hygiene style diets, as well as unsupplemented macrobiotic
diets, have some significant biochemical and health parallels.

I wonder if the suggestion of nutrition supplementation, and its
significant as an "intervention" of some artificiality, alters the
nature of the rationale or the justification for the diet.

Maynard S. Clark