RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:19:55 EDT
Dear Tom,

That I am a nutritionist means that I am trained in the "science" of
nutrition.

My experience over 14 years, 8 of them strictly raw vegan, and the
experience
of the many people I have counseled over that time informs me far more
than
anything I learned studying nutrition.

It matters not to me whether you believe anything I say or not.
However,
for those of you open minded enough to consider something outside of
your
own limited belief system, you may want to get your own experience.

Not only is gaining lost weight back not rare, it happens to everyone
who
stays on a raw vegan diet long enough.  If overweight when you start,
which
is true for most people, you will not go back to the same weight.  The
vast
majority of people will lose a significant amount of weight, and then
rebuild with healthier tissue, adding weight back on in the process.

Humans are not omnivores, they, like all other anthropoid primates,
are
frugivores, who are designed to eat fruit and leafy greens.  Gorillas
don't
get their incredible strength eating meat, and we don't need it
either.

A simple study of comparative physiology will show you that we share
our
digestive system with the other primates, almost exactly the same.
Omnivorous animals have specific adaptations to their diet which we
don't
share.  And omnivores eat the whole animal, not just the muscle.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions, Tom, but I don't think
they are
serving you very well.

Namaste,

Loren