RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:20:29 -0700
David's comments concerning the headbanging between some list members and NFL:
| I feel that reconciliation is, by its very nature, a two way street, at
| least to a degree.

Jo sez:
It HAS to be a two way street. Unfortunately, if one side takes the first
"concilliatory" step, it's looked upon as weakness or an admisssion that
their position was groundless. This is the first hurdle.

| NFL are welcome to rejoin this list (and have always been as far as
| I know), under the condition that they agree to keep their posts
| civil, and be at least somewhat accountable for claims that are
| expressed as facts or truths

I'm glad that some people associated with this list have managed to clear
the first hurdle.

| As such, it is my opinion that the ball is now in NFL's (and their
| supporters) court to make the next step if reconciliation is the goal - |
|What more can we offer them now, even as the hatred and threats
| continue ?

I agree. Maybe they'll realize that the cooked food part of this world
isn't as bad as it seems. It's certainly not as bad as their current
kamikaze mindset (apologies to list members of Japanese ancestry...d'oh!
I'm one of 'em). More fundamentally, maybe they'll realize, too, that a
fear-based existence is like a mango tree in a coal-mine. There's NO growth.

Beyond not jumping into the 'gator pit with counter-threats and catcalls,
there's nothing more to offer (down, Kirt, down!)  :)

| I believe that NFL and supporters need to
| make a fundamental shift in their values internally and actions
| externally before perceptions of NFL by many both in and outside
| of the raw food community improve, if that is indeed the goal.

Bingo.