RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:40:13 -0400
Kirt:
> Both are pleasant, but I'm thinking I may do best having
>separate days of fruit (high carb) vs animal foods/veggies (low carb) as
>opposed to fruit at lunch and animal foods/veggies at dinner. I might have
>a day or three or more of meat/veggies and then a day or more of fruit
>instead of eating all classes of food in a single day. This makes sense to
>me intellectually as well since I can easily imagine our ancestors eating
>lots of fruit when a ripe tree was encountered and eating lots of meat when
>they downed a woolly mammoth ;) Who knows how it will go for me in the long
>term? Not I ;)

I can also imagine our ancestors searching for dead animals, and eating a few
berries on the way.

Personally, what I have been doing for a few weeks is the following:
eat sequentially
 1) fruit
 2) RAF
 3) vegetables
 4) nuts

The quantity of each part is variable. Generally, I eat about 1/4 lb of fruit,
sometimes 1/2 lb and occasionally 1 lb (when I am not able to stop). However,
I am becoming less and less addicted to fruit, and in fact, fruits often
become really uninteresting compared to RAF.

By eating that way, I have noticed an improvement of my digestion. But
whenever I come back to excessive fruit, my stools become watery the
next morning.

The problem is: my attraction for meat is abating now. Maybe I will come
back to sprouts? Or to avos? Or, in a distant future, I may consider
some forms of light cooking; but if so, I will eat cooked meat only rarely
(sorry, I couldn't resist...)

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis