RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:33:34 -0500
Roberta - thanks for you response on this:

> I purchase smoked fish from a company in Maine for my food co-op.
> Smoked fish is marinated or soaked in a mixture then placed in a
> confined area where it is either heat smoked or cold smoked.  Cold
> smoked fish is kept at relatively low temperatures and is raw and the
> fish will look moist.  Heat smoked fish is cooked.  Most smoked
> fish is heat smoked cooked except for smoked salmon.
>
> It's called Duck Trap.  They offer cold smoked tuna and cold smoked
> salmon.

Yes, this is what I've been eating and was wondering if it was raw or not.
I'm glad to hear it is, because I've been really enjoying both the tuna
and salmon. I've seen the mackeral but haven't tried it. will do!

> But if you live exclusively on smoked fish there is evidence it will
> create cancer.  However eating it once in a while or less than all the
> time is OK.

by 'exclusively' I hope you mean where one's only food source is smoked
fish... I am eating alot, some everyday these days.

Lucia