RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 07:58:16 -0900
>Some psychologists claim that boredom is repressed anger. If I look at
>creationism and find it lacking, and the creationists continue to try to
>convert me or preach at me, I will be bored, ie. I will feel angry that
>they are judging me based on what I believe is a view they are entitled
>to hold to, but not to force on me.

Exactly. At one level the views are boring to me--not novel or interesting
because I have heard them before repeatedly and find the logic failing. But
when it becomes legislation or, more closely to home, school board policy,
well then it might be time for some anger, eh?

But boredom may sometimes just be boredom--at least that's _theoretically_
possible, no? ;) It may be that boredom is part of the motive for most of
human accomplishment--that big brain likes to stir things up when it gets
to be old hat.

Cheers,
Kirt