RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 22:53:45 -0700
>What I meant was - not you, but when proto-humans ate fish - presumably with
>primitive tools, how easy and efficient would that have been to acquire and
>eat (scales, bones, etc)?  Or is this not relevant to you?

Very easy in many occurence,  tide pools ,drying  out lake . Trapes
made out
of stone or sticks and using the tides, stealing from eagles ( i have
done
it) and rudimentary tools like a spear . Peoples in the mountain of
europe
catch trout by hand ( have done it ) And there is easier animals
products to
catch without tools in waters ( crabs shrimps clams oursin etc... Here
in
canada in the fall you can gather spent  salmons by the truck load
just with
your hands.

A sharp stone ( we have used them apparently for a very very long time
) can
skin a fish or a deer as efficiently than a knife ( especially with
obsidian) .

>Do you find that you digest raw meat well?

It is very digestable when the meat is aged .

jean-claude