RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Stankiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:41:44 -0500
Aaron, this is a late reply, but what the hey........

You're right on!  The body must not be stressed in any fashion, as I
understand it.  Including by fasting.  Any changes must be gradual.  One
should not undersleep, nor oversleep, undereat, nor overeat, and so on.
Balance is key.

js

At 06:03 PM 10/19/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>All,
>
>Read something interesting today in Walford's book on calorie restriction.
>Wanted to see the details since my diet is calorie restricted relative to what
>I used to eat.  Seems that if an adult animal is calorie restricted later in
>life lifespan is significantly lengthened IF, and it's a big IF, if it is done
>gradually, let's say over 4-6 YEARS!  Fast calorie restriction, weight-loss =
>shortened life.  Seems it is too much of a shock, no time to adapt, etc., or
>so it was speculated.
>
>Might explain that bingeing phenomenon after the initial high of going veg-raw
>and feeding off one's own tissues?  If this information is true and adaptable
>it could mean that all the health seekers who suddenly drop from their 2000+
>calorie diet to a 1400 calorie raw veg or mostly veg diet and lose weight and
>feel great, might be cutting LIFE short.
>
>Sobering thought if true.
>
>Aaron

John Stankiewicz.
Nutritionist, Clinic Rep.

--------------DEATH ONLY RUINS ONE DAY OF YOUR LIFE! - SRI ADI DA-----------
God-Realization: http://www.adidam.org
Cooperative Community, Courses, Events, God-Realizing way of life:
http://www.radiant-living.com/adidam
Realigning the body (Health, obscure and not so obscure topics):
http://www.radiant-living.com
Web Development, Consultation, Executive Sales, Lan, Wan, and more:
http://www.radiant-living.com/micronauts