RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeff Kottiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 16:33:29 -0700
>Bonnie writes:

Dear Susie:
I know, I know, Herbert Shelton condones fasting for the pregnant woman
if absolutely necessary. But still, I question Bob Avery's advice to you
to fast. My thought: before undertaking an "official" fast, I would talk
to a certified Hygienic practioner to get a "second" opinion. The fetus
is going through such phenomenal development even one week after
conception, at which time it doubles in size and the brain begins
forming. Since you have had other children I am sure you know that some
of the most important development occurs in the first trimester. I
cannot say that a fast would be harmful, but is Bob absolutely sure that
nothing negative could occur as a result?

I question whether morning "sickness" is exclusively physical cleansing.
You said that your nausea has been worse than with your two previous
pregnancies. Why do some women that lead incredibly healthy and pure
lifestyles still experience nausea? Could it be that it is not the same
as traditional nausea but there for some other purpose? Hygiene
questions that hormones could contribute to the mood swings and other
experiences that typically happen to pregnant woman, arguing that in
every case it's toxicity. But who's to say? These things may occur for
some other reason and may not simply be the physical symptoms of an
impure body. I believe that we are mostly spiritual beings, and as such,
what we feed our physical bodies isn't EVERYTHING. I fear that often
hygienic beliefs disempower women during an otherwise very powerful time
in their lives.

Bonnie