RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 19:55:07 -0700
Don Wiss wrote:
> A new vendor came today for the first time to our greenmarket in Park Slope
> Brooklyn. They sell beefalo (a cross between buffalo and beef) that is
> totally range fed. Ellie may know them as they go to Union Square on
> Wednesdays. I didn't buy any today, as she did not bring enough and sold
> out early, and only had a tongue left. She also brings hearts and livers.
> Unfortunately it is all frozen, but it is hermetically sealed. I gather a
> raw tongue is tough? So next week should I buy a heart or a liver? She
> didn't say anything about gonads, but I should ask her next week what they
> do with them.

Yes, I have seen them at the market, but didn't buy because it was frozen. But now I think it would
be good to try the liver, even frozen, and maybe some meat too. Are there any of the Arab markets in
your section of Brooklyn. I would like to find out if the goats are
pastured and would travel to Park Slope if I could find a place.

I hope when those Instincto people come from Europe they can help us in
this area to find sources of pastured meat.

My best, Ellie