RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:17:45 -0500
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, The Hovila Family wrote:

> Dr. Norman Walker, a famous raw food doctor who lived to be 108 or so,
> stated that the growth of goiter in the throat and other dysfunctions
> of the thyroid gland were the direct result of casein from cow's milk
> (which contains 300 percent more casein than does human milk). He said
> the problem > is greatly compounded when dairy products are pasteurized.

interesting. I've never been a milk fan and my mother, being health
informed by her mother who was a follower of Bircher in Switzerland,
always used to tell us that milk wasn't for grownups. She never had
much
in the house. She herself was allergic when a child and was given
goat's
milk as a substitute. Don't know why she wasn't nursed. She nursed me
till
I got teeth.

I like Walker's books alot and use them often.
thanks for the feedback. sorry for the delayed response.
I've been swamped with life commitments these past weeks.
Lucia