RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 17:45:07 -0700
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Just now I can tell you, that coconuts are available the whole year,
> no matter which of the three countries.
> Peanuts from Bali are also in season all the year. (Try them! I bet
> you have never eaten unheated peanuts. In the asia shop you might have
> good luck.)

Thanks, will try the Asian shops. I get peanuts from Jaffe in CA and they
claim they are unheated and I do enjoy them.

I am not the best at meanings of words, but I think 'ripe' is more often
a word applied to fruits, but it also means 'mature' which is a more
general word that applies to any living thing, like us. When we are grown
one would not call us 'ripe', but 'mature'. 'Ripe' is also used, for
example, to say one is 'ripe for' some thought or activity, and then it
means 'ready', but this is almost a slang use. My dictionary says
mature=having reached full natural growth or development. and ripe=fully
developed, mature.

My best,

Ellie