RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:39:52 -0400
> There is plenty of chlorine in Mexico's city water, so it is likely to me
> that risk of contamination from raw vegetables is very small, unless a
> specific incidence of contamination was to happen.

ah. so why don't people report getting sick from local micro-orgnisms
when
they come here. or do they?

> I could see it affects Lucy like everybody else; she was drinking sodas
> for quick energy and got very tired at the end of a day even quicker
> than I - I told her about my mercury problem and she has a number of
> mercury fillings in her teeth herself. We are all subject to the same
> laws of nature.

some people just don't want to be informed that they are living an
unhealthy lifestyle. but I'm sure you made an impression nontheless.
One
of my hosts in Brazil wasn't able to socialize without a drink. One
night
when she met us to go sit on the beach she even brought her own wine
bottle with her! One day over lunch she found an article about Gary
Null
and his advice on nutrition and anti-aging in a local magazine. she
laughed at his notions. And I encounter that here too all the time. I
have
one friend (with an over eating problem) who actually gets offended
when I
offer her food if I'm making for myself. "you don't have to feed me"
she says and stomps out in search of a hamburger I suppose. I don't
get
it. it used to frustrate me. now it just makes me sad and puzzles me.
the
only place I will put my foot down is with my husband. not that he
resists
any of this, but he'd eat all cooked if I didn't watch it. and that
can
get tiresome too. I pray that one day he'll "get" it.

meantime - hope you feel better soon!
Lucia