RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 08 May 1997 20:12:57 -0700
-
> Ellie said:
> >Thank you. I am currently publishing a paper in a psych journal that
> >has to do with toxicosis in the brain--very little to do with
> >nutrition--but with toxicosis as a result of the suppression of
> >emotions. But I am very interested in anything to do with
> >neurotransmission. If you have a source of this finding about
> >glutathione, I'd be very interested in reading about it. By the way, I
> >believe that this toxicosis can interfere with the practice eating
> >instinctively, and that it probably affects smell, taste, etc. and
> >contributes as well to psychosomatic disease.
>
> Russell L. Blaylock, MD in his book Excitotoxins - The Taste that
> Kills does mention glutathione a couple several times. What is so
> unique about his book is how he goes into great detail on the toxic
> effects food additives have on the brain.

Thank you. The hypothalamus is not protected by the blood brain barrier
and is therefore highly susceptible to toxicosis from exogenous sources.
In other areas toxicosis can occur from endogenous sources and in both
cases of course there is adaptation. When the toxins, whether exogenous
or endogenous, are released during detox crises, all kinds of symptoms of
emotinal illness emerge as well as symptoms of so-called physical disease
since the nervous sytem controls all our functions.

Ny best, Ellie