RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:19:50 -0400
Ellie:

> Also do you know the exact
> kinds of sugars that are in air dried dates. There's some controversy I
> hear about whether fructose can change to sucrose in drying. Any factual
> evidence about this?

Hi Ellie - Jaffe (619-749-1133) swears to me that their dates are fresh,
not dried or heated. I recently ordered some (not having had a fresh date
since college) and find them quite wonderful, though the texture and
appearance are to me not any different than that of other dates I've had.
BTW, they have about 10 varieties.

david