RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 22:58:45 -0700
>Does anyone know how licorice is made?

I am not sure  what you are talking about but licorice is a plant
(Glycyrrhiza family) with differentes species . Glabra being the
mediterranean species from which the root is used as flavoring in many
candies

>I know it has flour and mollasses in it, but I'm sure it is cooked at some stage.

the candies having licorice extract have a lot more in it than
licorice and
the licorice extract is done thru boiling of the root.
licorice is a medicinal plant very tasty to chew on the roots and have
an
effect similar to mineral corticoid in the body ( can favorise ,
oedema
,salt retention and high blood pressure. so can be helpfull to adrenal
insuficiency  but prudence )
jean-claude