RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 22:46:29 -0500
Jo:
>The role of any dedicated educator is to make himself obsolete as soon as
>possible.

Amen.

Jo:
>It seems that the public is largely satisfied with the current system of
>dietetics/healthcare (aside from cost). People aren't willing to accept
>responsibility. They aren't willing to strive for health independence.
>Until then, they are going to want that prescription filled out before they
>leave the doctor's office. I'd like to be optimistic about a public
>awakening, however.

Exactly!  You said very succinctly what I was trying to get across.  I have
begun to really understand that personal responsibility is paramount in
finding one's own optimum health.  Seeking, learning, experimenting for
one's own self, always being willing to ask why and how, and in general, not
turning our health over to the hands of others.  Although I am pretty
doubtful of such a wide-scale public "awakening,"  I think it would be a
great thing too.  If I am perfectly honest with myself, I do not think I
myself would have become opened to alternative ideas had it not been for my
own illness.

Thanks Jo for a very clear and truthful post.

Regards,

Ben