RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
roy siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 08:24:49 -0600
Is it ok to have a non-Wes post?

The excerps from NFL's  newsletter, Just Eat An Apple, caught my attention
and brought up a question that I do not believe has been settled.

. "August 6, - Militant raw-foodist Jeff Ross is thrown in jail by police
for
> beating up a cooked-food eater. The victim confronted Mr. Ross at the
beach,
> laughing at him for eating fruit. Mr. Ross threw a punch that missed, but
> followed up with an uppercut knocking the cooked-food eater unconscious.
For
> subscribers interested in writing to or sending food to Mr. Ross in jail,
> please send to Nature's First Law and items will be forwarded."

Has anyone on this list ever seen this Jeff Ross? As I remember Jeff was
invited to raw potlucks but declined to show up.

This is just speculation and intuition on my part- I have no proof - but I
really have to wonder if this Jeff Ross exists.

As I recall, the week before Jeff first posted, Tom Billings had a post
mentioning there
were very few, if any, successful long term raw vegans who do not cheat on
their diet.
The next day or a few days later Jeff posts claiming to be a fruitatarian of
28 years (a near fruitarian actually, Jeff apologized for occasionally
consuming greens).

Although the posters who responded to Jeff went out of their way to be
polite, it did not take Jeff long to sound intolerant and violent. A
fruitarian of 28 years, unless born in a raw family, is more than likely
going to be 40+ years of age.  Jeff's quick resort to violent threats, poor
language skills and low level of maturity probably indicate a young man. Any
healthy 40-year-old person is going to be more mature than Jeff.

Has Jeff been seem by any credible person on this list? If so, my
speculation is wrong, and I apologize (and Jeff's in jail).  However, I just
cannot help speculating that this also happened not long after the NFL book
was exposed as a plagiarized version of Raw Eating by this list.  And that
NFL, a NFL employee, or rabid sympahasizer was not really ghost writing as J
eff -the mighty (but not so bright) fruitarian avenger.

If Jeff is in jail it is public record and would be recorded by the clerk of
courts or the police, so it can be checked out.

Perhaps, though, I should take a more expansive view of this.
Remember…through Jeff the breatharian grandma posted to us
Perhaps this is Jeff's important role in evolution.
Perhaps Jeff is the chosen tool …and we owe him much thanks
A breatharian grandma… obviously a gem of humanity
Perhaps we were not advanced enough to leave the path of science, history,
and rationality and follow…Perhaps I have been dumed down by roto tilling my
garden too much
In any case, in the light of the breathian grandma, I don't think it is a
good idea to send Jeff, if he exist, any food.
It is for his own advancement

Have a nice day everybody
R Siegel