RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 10:23:44 -0700
>Kirt, thanks for the karenga info; I may or may not try.  Have you had
>sea palm?  That's also better than dulse, but as expensive as your
>karenga.  MCSV has it.  By the way, I'm curious, about how much karenga
>do you usually eat when you eat it and how frequently does it taste good
>to an Instincto?

It's pretty much like dulse--varies of course, but it usually goes
salty/briney/"chloriney after a few mouthfuls. It is perhaps milder. And as
I said it is flaked nicely, making it ideal for salads compared to dulse
which we usually soak and rinse before using in salads (but also eat "as
is" for the taste change)

Kirt Nieft / Melisa Secola