RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 18:37:30 -0700
>Tom:
> >I agree with your observation. Some of the "100% raw NOW" people seem
> >to have very serious mental problems - hostile zealotry, full-blown eating
> >disorders, lunacy, etc. (This list has seen examples of hostile zealotry.)
> >Some other "100% raw" people display symptoms of less serious mental
> >impairments: mental spaciness, emotional fragility (just challenge their
> >diet -
> >you will see this very quickly), sugar addiction, eating disorder behavior
> >(binge eating, cheating, lying about eating, obsession with food and its
> >"purity"), adherence to crackpot conspiracy/environmental schemes, emotional
> >immaturity, and so on.
> >
> >The people who are less than 100% raw, seem to have less mental problems
> >than the 100% group. I am not 100% raw - I eat steamed veggies on occasion.
> >I tell people this because some of the "100% raw" people display very
> >poor mental health, and I don't want people to associate me with the
> >"crazies".
> >
> >Of course, "100% raw" people are rare as so many of us occasionally indulge
> >in cooked or processed food.

IMO people who eat raw food (cleansing diets)are having more detox crises in the nervous system than
others and therefore exhibit more
symtpoms of emotional illness while they are detoxing. Emotions are
stored as endogenous substances in the neruons of the limbic system.
Symptoms of emotional illness are detox crises. Eventually those symptoms
should subside. People who eat cooked food are eating substances that are
originally stimiulating and subsequently sedating (see Shelton on this).
These people are suppressing the detox process and hence the symptoms.
Most of us have been taught to suppress emotions as children, which
causes toxicosis in neurons, and the nervous system will spend its
lifetime periodically trying to release these emotions.

My best, Ellie