RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 08:18:05 -0700 (PDT)

Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>:
>Could enzymes pre-digest food in the upper stomach before they are
>destroyed?

Tom:
That is certainly a posibility. Gabriel Cousens claims that is exactly what
happens in digestion.  A related point here is that we don't chew our food
completely, and digestion is not 100% efficient, so some enzymes will survive
the trip through the stomach.  However, we don't know if the amount that
survives is of any importance in digestion.

Thanks for your question!

Regards,
Tom Billings