RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Rothstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 05:28:58 -0500
I recently bought a greenpower juicer in addition to the champion and omega
and juiceman junior I already own. I make no claim about the magnetic
properties, however the pressing action of the gears and their low speed
will tend to make the GP juice keep longer than juice from the champion
which tends to grind and tear the produce leaving more surface exposed to
oxidation. The gp also does wheatgrass which the champion won't do, and does
a better job on tough greens like kale, parsley and cilantro, which I like.
The champion does much better on soft fruits like cantaloupe and even
semi-firms, such as apples. Apples need to be intermixed with greens for
best results. Overall I'm very pleased with my gp; it is more expensive,
though; $400+ versus $200+ for the champion. I've got contact info on the
mfg.. if you'd like.

                    ----- life is good -----
                               Mark