RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 12:21:11 +0200
> >In Europe, consumers have been very successful in convincing many large
> >food chains to not carry genetically engineered foods, or at least to label

Partly, yes. Just yesterday Greenpeace was carrying
out another big action campaign against Raiffeisen
in Germany (a supplier of all kinds of agriculture stuff)
because they mix genetically modified soya into
animals food.

And Greenpeace already had big successes with their
signature campaign against GEF.
We signed it, too, although we are not directly
affected. We wouldn't buy stuff from supermarkets
or other conventional suppliers anyway.

A spokesman of Nestle in Germany announced yesterday
in the radio that they will not deliver any GEF
unless the customer asks for it and that they will
mark every product that contains it. (Although I
am not sure how much I should believe their
promises.)

-Karl