RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 16:48:06 EDT
In a message dated 4/6/99 4:41:09 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>> Lynton:
>> I too had problems with wheatgrass in the Champion.

--Please forgive the oversight. We don't have wheatgrass in this area
(the Deep South), so I have never tried to juice it.

>> The only way I could
>> make it work was to cut the leaves into half-inch sections and
insert them
>> in the machine after making a start with some carrots. Then some more
>> carrots to finish it off.

--With soft leaves I did have that problem so purchased a manual
wheatgrass juicer thinking it would be better. It could not begin to
compare with the Champion and lies dormant in a cabinet. What I did
find, perhaps like Lynton, is that if I cut or tear the soft leaves
(Romaine and leafy green lettuce) in pieces it goes through far more
efficiently, and alternating with carrots helps, as well.

--Whatever works for the individual. And Liza, there definitely seems to
be a price discrepancy from here and there. Health food stores here sell
Champions from about $264 plus tax to $300.

FWIW:
GC