RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 97 08:48:00 PDT
Peter:
>As Denis pointed out last week predators in the
>wild more often than not are infested with parasites and are best not
>eaten raw.

Roy:
I'm unclear on what the official instincto pronouncement is on this:

(1) Parasites didn't exist in paleolithic times.

(2) Paleolithic humans were instinctively able to discern a
    carcass of a predator from a non-predator, and their instinct
    was primed to ignore the former.

(3) We are too feeble from generations of cooked food (or our genes
    are too weak from science interfering with natural selection)
    that our bodies don't react the same way as paleolithic humans.

(4) A lack of true original foods impairs us from coping with
    parasites.

(5) This is a flaw in Instincto theory.

I remember reading somewhere that trichonosis-infested pork actually
tastes and smells better than the normal kind. So much for door #2.

On a related note, I was hoping that Z would broach this subject
in public on his own. But I defer to your judgement. You were one
of the key figures, and I understand that you were instrumental
in helping select the correct avenue of treatment.

As a fan and well wisher of Z's I wish him a speedy recovery,
and I look forward to his insights into this question.

Regards,

Roy