RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 11:43:40 -0400
Karl:
> I think that a well balanced body always has enough reserves for
> the actions that you describe. I suppose that a restful day before
> the exertion and eating only carbohydrate rich food, but no really
> sweet stuff, will have the best effects on ones condition.

Most wrold class athletes eat a lot of slow carbohydrates, but note that,
according to Barry Sears (author of "the Zone"), some excellent results in
the Olympics (swimming) were obtained with a ratio 3/4 (i.e. 3 grams of
protein for 4 grams of carbohydrates). And the carbohydrates should
preferably have a low glycemic index.

Jean-Louis