RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:06:18 -0800
Alan:
>I totally agree that there are now those in the raw foods movement that
>fully indorse and act with unethical behaviors but what I ask of you and
>others is to not stereotype all of us into that mold. I for one among others

Tom:
I am not trying to stereotype folks in raw. There are many honest, decent
people in raw. Unfortunately there are some really rotten people in raw -
plagiarists, hateful mentally unbalanced fanatics, etc. - and unfortunately
some of the diet gurus and experts of raw are rotten. The bad gets more
attention than the good.

Also, it is my goal to promote reform in the raw movement, and exposing the
fake "diet gurus" (many of the "experts" are fakes, and don't follow
the diet they promote) is a part of that. To date, I have not met even
one credible person who has succeeded on a *strict* long-term fruitarian
diet. (I know of a few who succeed long-term but are non-strict, and I have
heard unconfirmed reports that there might actually exist 1 long-term
fruitarian success story).

Alan:
>So with my money I
>vote no for NFL's lack of integrity and decency. So that now brings up the
>question of where to get the same books that they sell elsewhere and
>hopefully at lower prices. Please anyone who knows of other sources let me
>know OK. Since I am now looking to start a health related business I would
>actually consider doing something like that myself.

Tom:
Nelsons Books:  http://www.nelsonsbooks.com   (wholesale + retail)
Amazon:         http://www.amazon.com         (retail only)
Living-foods:   http://www.living-foods.com   (retail only)

I congratulate you on the ethical decision to not support those whose
behavior is unethical. The "ethical vegan" who chooses to support
those who make threats of violence and engage in plagiariasm, is a
hypocrite (in my opinion).

Tom Billings