RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 May 97 00:09:50 -0000
>Zephyr, Thanks for your long and inspiring message. It takes a lot of
>courage to scrutinize oneself as much as you do, and it is good to see
>you back in the saddle again.

Thanks Peter, I'm glad my effort to express this is received by you so
well.

>Zephyr said:
>>It seems to me that the immune system, my immune system can handle
>>viruses, germs, bacteria pretty well.  I had a full case of staff for
>>two weeks, four or five years ago, a "disease" that puts many people
>>in the hospital, and most in bed.  I was only laid out for two half
>>days.
>
>Your are forgetting the skin fungus on your foot that you could not get
>rid of.

Right, interestingly enough it has reduced and stayed reduced more than
it ever has.  From the top I look like I have a normal foot, except my
toe nails, and only my heal is particularily crusty.  We've sprayed it
with zinc inconsistintly, but I'm curious how it will fare once I'm fully
active, walking barefoot, etc.

>>Where do you get this idea?  I feel I have a very strong immune
>>system, relative to my first twenty years.  And I don't have
>>cholesterol problems.  Maybe you are referring to some figure you
>>heard while I was in the grips of the trichinosis about my
>>cholesterol, I'm not sure, but this seems inaccurate to me
>
>What about the belief that if your immune system was truly strong it
>would be able to deal with parasites no matter where they came from
>without you getting sick?

"Relative to my first twenty years."  I had no father, ate no organic and
very little raw food, sat in 12 years of educational prison, etc.  I feel
given these less than healthy beginings I have an amazingly strong
system.  Given human potential I'm a far far shot from it.

>Do you have any insight into what might have
>caused you to have so little resistance to the parasites or do you
>believe that the healthiest person will/can succumb to them if exposed?

Well, as I said, on a spiritual and emotional level I needed/called this
experience to me.  I do think that parasites, like a lion on the savanah,
or here to weed out the weaker creatures.  Obviously something about me,
something, was weak and gave a doorway to the trichinosis.  Whether a 3rd
generation, well raised instincto would be immune I couldn't and don't
know.

>>Then why is it that I go sick on about the smallest meal by weight
>>that I've ever eaten of meat?  I certainly had less than a half a
>>pound of mongoose, which is two to four times less than my usual meat
>
>That half pound did that consist of only the liver or did you eat other
>parts as well?
No, yes.  Half a pound even might be too much.  I never got one
substantial bite in my mouth the whole meal.  It was all tearing and
nibbling on little bones for what meat there was.  Mongoose are thin and
lean.  And fresh it was hard to remove the muscle from the bone.  Maybe I
only had a quarter pound of food.  The liver was a large organ, but it
wasas big as maybe 4 quarters stacked on each other.

>>To sum up my position on meat, instincto, parasites, and alopathy I
>>need to say that 1.  I intend to keep eating meat.
>
>My suspicion, as I am sure you are well aware of by now, is that your
>consumption of fruits was too high and that it contributed to
>imbalancing your body. Any thoughts on this?

Hmm.  To be honest Peter I'm sick of thinking about the whole thing.  Am
I nuerotic, is it hybridized varieties, social programing, etc.  Ya know,
I feel good enough, I can feel better, I could eat less and indulge less,
I could do it more.  It's ok, I do the best I can with the available
resources, and in that I'm content.

> - are you planning any
>changes in your diet? Apart from eating two pounds of meat three times
>a week what did your instincto diet consist of during the six years
>prior to your coming down with trichinosis?

Again, it was 1 to 1.5 pounds per meal.  The only change I forsee is
eating less than I am now.  As the weeks go on I am feeling more solid
and grounded in my body and a little less hungry, but I've still got a
lot of rebuilding to do, so my body is demanding more food than usual.  I
used to generally begin eating between 9:30 and 11:00am and stop by
8:30pm.  Now I'm starting as early 8:00am and ending around 9:30-10:00pm.
 I'm simply hungry and I'm heading that hunger.

Okey dokey,

Zephyr