RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sally Furniss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 21:40:48 +1200
>I cried because their death had become such a cartoon. Like, "TRY SOME
>TASTE TEMPTING CHICKEN DISHES TONIGHT". This woman, and the
people who packaged these dead chickens didn't really want to think about what
>happened. That these creatures spent their entire existance suffering, lost
>their family, lost their sanity and then as the big topper, got
>decapitated, mechanically plucked and then sold, by the pound to a "health
>food store".
>jon

This heartbreaking story reminds of when I worked in a fish packing
factory. One day we had to pack live crayfish into plastic bags. The
crayfish tried to climb out of the bags, waving they antennae about.They
seemed quiet distressed. The crayfish were then cooled to low temps. When
they arrived at the restrurant they were still alive.
 Working at any point in the food processing industry is a real eye opener.
You see how the animals are treated but also how the food is handled (it's
not pretty).

        Sally
    p.s. do my carrots scream when I juice them.

Sally Furniss