RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 13:58:39 -0500
>I also believe that cats aren't meant to be vegan or
>vegetarian; there's proof every time I give Sushi a piece of dried fish
>and starts growling when Yuki tries to steal it.  Any thoughts on this
>and Pottengers cats?  Is this an appropriate topic.  If not, sorry.

I think it's a worthy topic.

We have about 7 cats at Pangaia, which are all 100% instincto.  One has
been for almost five years.  The cats there eat avo, papaya seeds, coconut
spoon meat, fish and beef scraps from us, mice, and nibbles on plants on
the land.  That's it.  Our cats tend to be a bit thinner than most "all you
can eat" cooked food cats.  They have a level of wildness and surrender
that I admire.  The key is meat.

Most fish stores that clean their own fish will GIVE you fish trimmings for
pet food.  Often these trimmings are even people worthy, but don't tell the
stores;-)  It's ideal that the fish is wild, not farm raised.  Unless you
can get real clean beef I wouldn't give them beef scraps.  In Hawaii and
also here in Santa Barbara of all places there is instinctive quality beef
available.

Don't cook that turkey,

Zephyr