RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Taylor Langtree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 13:04:58 PST
This may seem like an ignorant question, but what are the problems with
a diet like The Zone? Isn't that basically a paleodiet? What would be
the problem eating 40-30-30, or just making sure to keep your blood
sugar level balanced at all meals?

The reason I'm asking, is because The Zone isn't ever mentioned on this
list, and maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems like its not very well
looked upon, for some reason. I would be interested to know the reason
(not that I'm any special advocate, just want to know what I'm missing).

Likewise for Atkins' diet (similar to Zone), or the other high protein
diets.

Also, related question, it seems there are people on this list that eat
high protein diets. What about
1. uric acid,
2. acidity of the blood and system,
3. ketosis,
4. calcium excretion?

Thank you in advance for your help with my confusion!

Taylor Langtree