RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 07:38:11 EST
In a message dated 11/14/98 4:19:57 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 So what next?  Give up and get the tooth extracted?  Does anyone know of
 people who have healed from such problems thereby avoiding root canal and/or
 extraction?

 I've read about maggot therapy where maggots are implanted inside an abscess
 with a small surgical incision that is then closed;  After a few days they
 eat all the diseased tissue and they release powerful antibiotics; they are
 removed and the infection is totally cleared up.  They are doing this for
 people with gangrene in their limbs to avoid amputation at the Hadassah
 hospital in Israel.  I wish I could find someone that would try it on my
tooth?

 Please help if you can.

 Janis

 320 Oakland Park Avenue
 Columbus, OH 43214
 home tel: 614 447-8983 fax: 614 447-8783                   [log in to unmask]
 Associate professor, Kenyon College, on leave
                       alternate e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Dear Janis:

I applaud your efforts to save your tooth/teeth without resorting to efforts
that might cause more harm than good.

Have you thought of fasting?

Fasting is the abstinence of food (including juice, which is liquid food)
under conditions of complete physical, mental and emotional rest (Preferably
in bed with no distractions: radio/tv, etc) consuming nothing but distilled
water.

Minimum of two quarts per day to help flush out impurities.

The body is the only thing that heals, and it can only heal when it is at
rest. Digestion is the hardest thing the body has to do, so when one is eating
all the energies go to digestion. Including juices.

All kinds of "miracles" have occurred under fasting conditions. Given the
proper environment, the body is capable of much healing providing the
surgeon's knife has not intervened too much and medications have not
compromised the immune system.

Recommended reading: "Fasting--And Eating--for Health," by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.

Note: we do not recommend fasting without professional supervision more than 3
days. But 3 days (a weekend) would probably give you a good 'taste' of how
effective fasting is.  But it's important to know what to expect so you don't
misinterpret "healing" symptoms incorrectly and panic.

FWIW:

Gerry